Monday, December 31, 2012
Really Murphy?
MURPHYS LAW: When thy husband is on vacation, thy children shall be struck by strep throat, and thy garden pipe shall burst turning your yard, and the church parking lot behind you, into an olympic size skating rink.
I had to post some awkward pictures (who ARE these dudes?) Because lets face it. . .even on a day like today, I guy doing the splits in front of a christmas tree is a little funny. And today, I NEED FUNNY.
So here's the deal:
I gave Mr. B (my husby) Redskins/Cowboys tickets and a plane ticket home to VA for his birthday back in May. Exciting. . . right? Best wife of the year award. . .right? Especially since it ended up being 'THE' game determining who goes to playoffs. . .anywho back to my story. So I send Mr. B off last week and what do you know? My little girl comes down with Strep, Croup, and a double ear infection the next day.
So that night lil baby T. gets sick too. Followed by my oldest. So that's not fun. Especially since all of them had fevers of 103 and were crying all day and all night. Luckily the other 2 didn't catch it. yet.
Today they woke up feeling better. So I send Aidy off to the tub and when he gets out he comes running downstairs telling me water is spraying all over the backyard.
I look outside, and there it is. . . .a beautiful skating rink developing in my garden area, running behind my yard and onto the church parking lot below.
I bust a move (in my awesome jammies) and grab the nearest shoes, coat, and my long pipe-water-turner-offer and head for the front yard where I know SOMEWHERE under a foot of snow, is the pipe to turn the water off. So I'm shoveling snow in my flats, yelling at kids to find a neighbor to come help me because for the LIFE of me I can't get the dang thing to turn off. Why can't more men be home at 3 pm on a Monday afternoon?
Brother C. is home HALLELUJAH! and runs over to help (as he has a vested interest since said skating rink was developing in his yard)
PROBLEM: some sweet little child somewhere in the world has filled our pipe with dirt and rocks. Well that's awesome of them. So Brother C. spends 20 minutes twisting and banging trying to get out the mud, dirt, and break up whatever rock is in the way. (He had special talent in this too since a sweet child somewhere in the world put a rock in his too). So then my boys start yelling the water is off.
By now, poor Bro. C. is frozen standing there in 10 degrees in a t shirt, I apologize and say thank you about 500 times totally feeling like nothing I can possibly say will make this man understand how grateful I am.
I kind of wanted to cry by then. Especially since little girl locked me out of the house for a minute and I could hear baby and she both crying inside.
And then I start thinking about what other pipes are busted underground and how THATS going to go down trying to sell our house and then I start panicking. . .what if we can't sell this dang house? What if everyone that walks through my house HATES my house, thinks the color of the walls are atrocious, and that my yard is too weedie? That's when I do a quick check. Ok, just because the kids have strep, and a pipe burst, doesn't mean everyone hates the color paint on my walls. Seriously Angie? Is this what it's coming to now?
ahhhh, what a day what a day. Now the kids are playing, the baby is sleeping, I'm still in my pajammies, and blogging my adventures of the day and feeling much better about things. Time to catch up on 'Sister Wives'. Good night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment