Thursday, February 28, 2013
SUNSHINE!
So you know that St. George trip we took I mentioned in that last post? Here are some pictures from it! I never used to have seasonal depression, but as I get older I think its affecting me more and more. Beautiful 60 degree weather and beautiful bright sunshine made me feel FABULOUS!
I was listening to a talk by Brad Wilcox called "Learning, (not earning) Heaven" and he talked about feeling like "Why can't I just be ok for a while. . .why is there always a trial around the corner". His wife lovingly and wisely (being a nurse) said "Brad, when you flatline, that's bad. It's the ups and downs on the monitor that tell you you're alive". Isn't that great?! I loved that!
So a day at the park was SO invigorating to me. We had races, played Frisbee, climbed trees, absorbed plenty of sun, played on the swing set and went down the slides. It was bliss.
I'm grateful for so many awesome people in my life. My kids bring me so much happiness. Sure, AnnMarie pukes in the hotel room and the boys fight in the car about who touched who first, but I'm trying to absorb every second I have with them. They are growing up so fast.
Lately I've been really pondering about the magnitude and importance for us to have trials in our life. You can play out as victim to it, or you can give it all to the Lord and use each one as a teacher. Because of the trials in my life, and first hand seeing the lessons and faith that I NEEDED to learn, I've realized that if I were to choose it again. . . .I would. I don't think we were as ignorant in the pre existence as some claim we were. I don't think we didn't understand the magnitude of what earth life meant.
I truly believe we KNEW the refiners fire for what it was and were ok going through it, because we saw first hand the lessons and experiences capacity to teach us. And I think it is why were were anxious and determined to follow the Lords plan and go through this life. I've never had a trial that I didn't learn something imperative to my growth.
I highly suggest reading or listening to the talk by Brad Wilcox. It's brilliant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment