Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Vegas

I've stuck to my goal of writing and taking pictures everyday.  Unfortunately I haven't posted them yet!  Baby steps I guess :)
    So I'm sitting here at my desk in my room.  I have the bookkeeping pile scattered from here to there and I surprisingly really enjoy it.  I love having a mess and organizing each thing and putting it in it's place.  Nothing makes me happier than putting numbers and papers organized where they belong. 
    The boys are all dressing up as spys.  They are pulling out their church clothes and looking for black hats and badges . . .and of course. . . .black sunglasses.  Do spys wear their cubscout belts? If not, they should. . . .it looks stellar!
     My sweet adorable, and most beautiful dog lays here at my feet.  I've never had a dog I adore more than my sweet violet.  I bought her from a lady that owns four other dogs and 11 additional pets.  She had her perfectly trained but her other dogs were so dominant Violet was getting neglected.  I didn't know if I wanted an older dog.  Let the record show that I am completely in love with her.  I cut my hand and yelled out in pain and cried.  Two seconds later I heard violet scratching at my door, whining and howling trying to get in.  One morning I thought one of the kids had crawled in bed with me, I turned over to cuddle them up when I felt a big slimy tongue on my face.  She had her head resting on my shoulder and her paw over my back.  Am I supposed to find this so adorable?  I'm not this kind of a dog person! 
     I'm so grateful for these little joys.  As I've thought about the little boy near our neighborhood who passed away, Mitchell, I've really been struck with perspective on the Lords plan.  What a painful thing to lose a child.  I cried daily reading his story, and find it inspiring that Mitchells sweet parents would allow the world a glimpse into their painful process of losing their boy.  Their faith is enormous and the kind that moves mountains.  Suddenly bills, clothes left on the floor, and dishes in the sink become irrelevant and not worth a second thought.  Suddenly the only thing that matters is that my family is mine forever and that I'm keeping myself worthy of them. 
     Grateful today for :
My little brother calling me
Thomas finding out he can jump up and down in his crib
3 'spy's' running around the house investigating crimes
1 dog looking out the window with her paw resting in my lap
Friends who text me awesome insights to things they are reading they think I'd enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment