Friday, March 8, 2013

March

March seems to be FLYING by!  I can't get over it.  I walk around outside and I am in love with spring.  All my beautiful bulbs I spent weeks planting last year, are beginning to show their beautiful little heads and I'm anxious to see my yard in full color again.
    Today has been a wonderfully hectic day.  I ran errands this morning and then worked on a quilt for my 3 year old daughter, that admittedly, I started before she were even born.  I think it was a blessing though because she 'oohed' and 'ahhed' over the entire thing start to finish.  She made my mother hold it up and 'pet' it.  I love this girl. 
    Getting back home I had quite a pile of MORE office work to do.  (each week I think, after this week I'll FINALLY be caught up, only to realize I've been saying that for 8 months now!) I actually enjoyed it.  It's nice talking to people on the phone that are so kind.  And the best challenge is when you get someone really cranky on the phone, and then get to soften them up so they're talking about their plans for holiday coming up with their kids.  Nobody is cranky without a reason, and I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy a friendly voice during a rough day.  I
     Right now I have my chicken boiling.  I decided to make Chicken Roll-ups for dinner (my FAVE) and watch Downton Abbey while folding laundry.  Sounds a divine way to spend a Friday evening!  Since I've been keeping a gratitude journal I notice everything uplifting in my day.  My dog's paw resting on my foot, my son falling asleep in his highchair, reading a book and seeing the kids spread out all over the room with toys, laughing, drawing, or cuddled in a quilt, or just hearing my hubby snoring next to me while I enjoy a late night episode of Family Feud.  I'm definitely a homebody.
     This weekend I'll be working around the house, and maybe get around to that garage!  I get a little giddy at the thought of parking BOTH cars in the garage again.
    Have a good weekend!
8 year old quotes of the day:
     "Did you know that if you make out you will never have to use chap stick again?  I think I would rather have chapped lips my whole entire life"
      "Just remember, if you think to yourself that you are dumb and aren't good at anything, just remember that you probably aren't a girl after all.  You're most likely a boy."

Grateful for:
-my bulbs
-Downton Abbey. . .the suspense is killing me!
- Dottera aroma touch oil for my sore back!
- My mom teaching me to quilt as a kid

No comments:

Post a Comment